Tanabata is coming and you may need it. . .
Around Valentine's Day, the peak sales of emergency contraceptives, many couples are too passionate, busy with remedial measures, to buy emergency contraceptives in pharmacies. But do you think everything will be fine with emergency contraceptives?
What is an emergency contraceptive
The emergency contraceptives currently on the market are mainly mifepristone tablets and levonorgestrel tablets.
Mifepristone tablets can also be used as abortion medicines, but must be directed by a qualified physician before they can be purchased and used.
Most pharmacies can buy levonorgestrel tablets by themselves, which is the ad-savvy Yuting (second generation). This medicine is OTC, which is an over-the-counter medicine.The emergency contraceptive pill issued by the state for free is the third generation, levonorgestrel enteric-coated tablets. Improve the nausea and vomiting response of Yuting (Levoprogesterone tablets). It is more easily absorbed by the gut and reduces the failure rate of emergency contraceptives.
So what are the ingredients of this "levonorgestrel" enteric-coated tablet? In fact, this is the progestogen. We all know that when the pregnancy is protected by the progestogen, the fetus can stay in the mother's body with peace of mind, but I don't want to be pregnant.
How emergency contraceptives work
Levonorgestrel mainly acts on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, causing the peak of FSH and LH levels in the middle menstrual period to be significantly reduced or disappeared, and the ovaries do not ovulate. Well, we know that sperm can only be fertilized when it encounters an egg. If the egg is gone, no matter how strong the baby is, it won't make a baby.
How to take emergency contraceptives properly
1. Master the time. The emergency contraceptives must be taken within 72 hours after the fact. After 72 hours, the failure rate will be higher.
2. Drug emergency contraception can only work on this unprotected sex life. After taking emergency contraceptives, other reliable contraceptive measures should be taken before intercourse before the next menstrual period.
3. The emergency contraceptive pill can only be used once in a menstrual cycle, and it may fail in the second time.
4, taking levonorgestrel is best after meals or before going to bed, this can reduce adverse reactions such as nausea.
5. People with colds, fevers, and vomiting due to acute enteritis should not use emergency contraceptives for contraception, which will affect the absorption of emergency contraceptives.
6. After taking the emergency contraceptive, calculate the menstrual cycle. If you find that your menstruation is delayed for more than 10 days, you should go to the hospital in time to check whether the emergency contraception has failed.
Where can I get free emergency contraceptives
1. Maternity Center of Yueqing Maternal and Child Health Hospital
2. Community health service centers in the city
Emergency contraceptives should be used after contraceptive failure
Not the first choice for contraception .
On the love day of Qixi Festival,
I guess you might need it. . .
刷二代身份证自助领取 Free condom issuing machine brush second generation ID card self-collection
We have placed 43 such free contraceptive dispensers throughout the city.
The citizens only need to swipe the second-generation ID card to receive it for free!